Western Michigan University invites high school juniors, seniors and parents to attend a college readiness workshop. The event features:
- WMU need-based and merit-based scholarship opportunities
- Information about WMU endowed scholarships
- How to find community scholarships
- Ways to finance college and FAFSA updates
- An opportunity to submit an online admission application and receive a decision in 72 hours (see below for details)
Refreshments will be served; please register by the workshop deadline. There are four opportunities to learn all that WMU has to offer.
WMU Wednesday, Oct. 18
5:30 to 7 p.m.
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency
7301 Woodward Ave., Suite 800
Detroit, MI 48202
Registration Deadline: Monday, Oct. 16
WMU Wednesday, Oct. 25
Financing College and FAFSA 101
6 to 7:30 p.m.
Ferndale High School
881 Pinecrest Dr.
Ferndale, MI 48220
Registration Deadline: Monday, Oct. 23
WMU Wednesday, Nov. 1
6 to 7:30 p.m.
WMU Cooley Law School
2630 Featherstone Rd., Room 100
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Registration Deadline: Monday, Oct. 30
Saturday, Nov. 11
2 to 4 p.m.
Troy Public Library
510 W. Big Beaver
Troy, MI 48084
Registration deadline: Thursday, Nov. 9
Register with an email to email@example.com and indicate your name, high school and number attending. For additional information, contact Doreen M. Odom, Metro Detroit, Community Outreach Coordinator at (269) 599-2496.
Students have the opportunity to receive a decision within 48 hours of the event. If you are interested in admission to WMU, please bring the materials indicated below to a Scholarship Workshop. We will collect the documents at check-in and you will be given the code to use on the online application to waive the $40 fee. Students will receive a decision within 72 hours once we confirm the application has been submitted. WMU freshman admission criteria includes GPA, ACT or SAT score, high school curriculum and trend of grades.
The following materials are required:
- Completed online application (use WMU online application, not Common Application)
- Official high school transcript
- ACT or SAT scores directly from ACT or College Board