Lansing Community College
General education program transfer guide
DISTRIBUTION - One course required from each area, including two at WMU (per #5 above):
PROFICIENCIES - Required minimums noted:
2013-14 LCC catalog used
- The WMU General Education Program requires a minimum of 37 hours, not counting the baccalaureate-level writing course proficiency.
- To complete the freshman-sophomore requirements, transfer students from Lansing Community College must present transcripts that indicate "MACRAO Agreement Satisfied" or have completed 29-31 hours from the LCC courses listed below.
- No more than two courses from one department may be used to satisfy distribution requirements.
- Proficiencies #1 and #3 (college-level writing and mathematics/quantitative
reasoning) must be satisfied before one may register for 3000 and higher level
- After transferring, students fulfilling #2 above will need only to complete
the junior-senior requirement of two (2) 3000-4000 level courses (6-8 hours)
in the distribution areas and Proficiency 2 at WMU.
- See the current WMU Undergraduate Catalog for a detailed
explanation of this program.
Revised: December 6, 2013