Welcome to WMU and thank you for your service. As a military or veteran student, you are important to WMU. WMU is consistently ranked as a university that is “military friendly” and “Best for Vets". The University continues to broaden services for veterans, such as the VetSuccess on-campus program which is the first VA student success program of its kind in Michigan. As an additional benefit, WMU recognizes all veterans and their families as Michigan residents.
- The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs provides veterans, service members, and family members of veterans with guidance and mentorship in a variety of areas such as academic support, benefit support, answers to questions regarding WMU or the VA, and the WMU community. Contact the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs at email@example.com or (269) 387-4411.
- The Military and Veterans Admission Checklist provides a step-by-step overview of the application process to WMU and obtaining education benefits.
- Education Benefits - WMU accepts the Post-9/11 GI Bill, the Montgomery GI Bill, and the Yellow Ribbon Program. To learn more about how to initiate your benefits contact the VA or WMU’s Veterans Affairs Representative, Brenda Hamlyn. Brenda can be reached in the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-4115.
- The Registrar’s Office provides additional information about WMU’s active duty policy, enrollment status certification, and more.
- Military Credit - After applicants are admitted and military documents are received in the Office of Admissions, transcripts will be reviewed. Credit recommendations will be sent to the appropriate academic departments. WMU’s military transfer credit evaluator is Jane Harrison. Contact Jane in the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or (269) 387-2000.
- Joint Services Transcript Information
- Joint Services Transcript Request Form
- The VetSuccess on-campus program provides assistance with VA benefits, healthcare benefits, career exploration, job placement, and other services. The WMU Vet Success on-campus office is located in 1260 Ellsworth Hall. Contact the coordinator, Brent Haddow, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 310-2157.
- The WMU Army ROTC Bronco Battalion, comprised of over 150 cadets, is consistently ranked among the top ROTC programs in the nation. Students may also compete for full tuition scholarships. For more information, contact Brett Johnson at email@example.com or (269) 387-8122.
- Air Force ROTC Detachment 380 is a Department of Defense program lodged at Michigan State University. Detachment 380 also supports cadets from WMU, CMU, Olivet College, Hope College and LCC.
- The WMU Financial Aid Office is available to assist you with the financial aid process as you plan for your education. Contact financial aid directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-6000.