All LEAD Corp positions are full for 2013-14 School Year
The WMU LEAD Corp is a group of students dedicated to serving the Western Michigan University student community as a peer education and training team on leadership topics. Team members will increase their own knowledge of topics relating to leadership and will pass along that knowledge to other members of the campus community by facilitating the Fall and Spring Leadership Retreats, LEAD workshops and working with Emerging Leader Certificate participants. LEAD Corp members must have at least sophomore standing and a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or higher.
- Through training and practical experience, students will be able to:
- Plan and facilitate retreats, presentations and group activities regarding a variety of leadership related topics.
- Develop a better understanding of themselves, including their individual values, leadership style,identity, etc.
- Work effectively independently and in a team-setting.
- Understand and put into action leadership theory, group dynamics, ethical decision-making, and multicultural competence.
- Positively impact other WMU students
- Potential academic internship credit opportunities
On average, 4-6 hours/week
- Weekly training/planning meetings
- Present at both retreats
- Present for a portion of the Emerging Leaders program
- Available to present at least two LEAD workshops per semester
- Meet twice a semester with assigned Emerging Leader Certificate participants
Students interested in becoming a LEAD Corp member can contact Kate Bates at email@example.com or 269-387-2182.