Graduates of Western Michigan University's graphic and printing science program land jobs in the printing, imaging and inks industries. If you decide to enter this program, you will learn digital printing, color management, communication, computer graphics and business applications. You will have four areas of study to choose from:
- Business emphasizing business fundamentals, business operations, employee supervision, labor relations, marketing and sales and advertising.
- Multimedia emphasizing Web, video and audio imaging application in addition to print.
- Computing emphasizing information processing, programming, network management, and graphics development.
- Substrate emphasizing paper, plastic film, and foil properties and behaviors.
We boast 100 percent job placement upon graduation from our program, at an annual starting salary of $35,000.
Beyond the classroom
As a graphic and printing science major at WMU, you will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on projects with local industry and qualify for our departmental scholarships. You can also meet and network with professionals and other students in your field by joining one of the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences' 25 student organizations, including Graphics Arts Society, the Chemical Engineering Club and Ts'ai Lun.
After you graduate
Recent WMU graduates with degrees in graphic and printing science are working as:
- Customer services representatives
- Assistant production managers
- Production supervisors
- Quality control supervisors
- Management trainees
- Technical representatives
- Printing salespersons
Among the organizations they work for are:
- Ink companies
- Packaging and converting companies
- Equipment and graphic arts suppliers
- Printing firms
Where is this program offered?